Obtaining Copies of Reports

To obtain a copy of a Sheriff’s Office report or if you have questions concerning reports, contact the Records Unit at 541-883-5130 option 3  Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm

If there are criminal charges, the report will not be releasable until the subject has gone to court and the case has been closed or adjudicated. The State of Oregon Department of Human Services is the authority that may release records of child abuse pursuant to Oregon Revised Statutes 419B.035 (if the reports are subject to disclosure). In some cases, a court order or subpoena is required for the disclosure of records.  Any reports involving juveniles that will have possible court appearance, the Klamath County Juvenile department is the releasing authority.

If the report is releasable, you may request a copy for a fee (fee schedule below). Payment through the mail should include a check or money order, or you may choose to call ahead and request to pick the report up. Payment in person includes cash, checks or money orders.

Report Request Form

Fee Schedule