As of December 24th, 2022, general visitation will resume. The times to call in to schedule the visits has changed. Please see below for the updated times.
Generally adults in custody at the Klamath County Jail are allowed to have visitation with friends and relatives. Specific rules apply and visitation is by appointment only:
- General visitation days are Saturday and Sunday. All visitors must call the Klamath County Jail the day before they wish to visit, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 11 A.M., to arrange a visiting appointment. If you wish to visit Saturday, you must call Friday morning between 8:30 am and 11:00 am. If you wish to visit Sunday, you must call to schedule the visit on Saturday morning between 8:30 am and 11:00 am.
- The phone number to call for visitation is 541-883-4197 and press "2" for visitation, then select "2" to schedule the visit. If you do not reach jail staff, your visit is not scheduled. Do not leave a message.
- If you require special accommodations, please advise the deputy at the time of scheduling the visit.
- Visitors that arrive more than 10 minutes late will not be allowed to visit.
- All visitors shall be dressed in an appropriate manner. No halter-tops, short shorts, tank tops, or inflammatory clothing, etc. If you are not dressed appropriately you may be denied your visit.
- Visitors who have been a prisoner of the Klamath County Jail within a six-month period preceding the visit shall not be allowed to visit a prisoner in this facility.
- Prisoners shall have access to visitation with persons of their choice, except where there is evidence that such a visit jeopardizes the safety, security and orderly operation of the facility. Prisoners will not be allowed to visit with the victims of their crimes or persons who have restraining orders or no contact orders involving the Prisoner.
- Adults in custody (AIC) are not required to visit anyone.
- All visitors must show picture identification, which indicates his/her age prior to being allowed to visit.
- Visitors who are known to be prohibited by court order from contact with the inmate they wish to visit shall not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will only be allowed to visit after the AIC they wish to visit has requested and been granted a "Special Visit." The "Special Visit" must be pre-approved by a sergeant.
- "Special Visits" shall only be authorized after an inmate has been in custody in this facility for thirty days. AICs cannot have more than one "Special Visit" per month.
- Visitors are required to leave all personal property in their vehicles. The only property allowed to be brought into the jail are the visitor's keys and identification. Coats and hats may be left in the lobby. The jail is not responsible for items left in the coat rack area or in vehicles.
- Any visitor who brings or attempts to bring contraband onto Sheriff's Office property and/or into the facility will be prosecuted.
- Contact visits are not allowed.