Please contact the appropriate Planning department in your area for their requirements before submitting your plans.
- A current Assessor's tax lot map
- A job site address
- If you do not have a site address you can contact the Public Works Department at 541-883-4696.
- A vicinity map with travel directions on the back
- County/City Planning Department sign-off
The following items are required for plan review and shall be used by the jurisdiction to determine a complete set of plans and compliance with OAR 918-020-0090(3)(a)(C) and 4. For a complete check list of these items, view our checklist (PDF).
- 2 complete sets of legible plans drawn to scale.
- Basement and retaining wall cross section.
- Beam calculations.
- Cross Sections(s) and details.
- Elevation views.
- Energy Code Compliance.
- Engineer's calculations when required or provided.
- Floor plans.
- Floor/roof framing plans are required for all floors/roof assemblies.
- Foundation plan and cross-section.
- Manufactured floor/roof truss design details.
- Site/Plot plan drawn to scale.
- Wall bracing (prescriptive path) and/or lateral analysis plans.
Without the above information your plans may be returned to you for further information, thus delaying the permit process.
If the building project will require a septic system please contact the Klamath County Community Development Department at 541-883-5121.
Pre-Fabricated Engineered Metal Buildings
Pre-fabricated engineered metal buildings must be designed by an Oregon State Licensed Architect or Engineer.