IMPORTANT PERMITTING PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19
Klamath County Community Development Department is fully functional and is conducting business in a modified fashion. The Government Building doors are now open and we are available to assist you during our regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
Please note the following changes to our office procedures:
- No more than three people can be in our lobby at the same time. There are markings on the floor that outlines a 6 foot physical distance; please be courteous and ensure you are practicing proper distancing.
- Please have ALL paperwork completed and ready to drop off at the counter; time at the counter will be limited and you will not be able to complete applications etc. at that time.
- We still encourage e-permitting for permits that do not require plan review (NOTE: all building /structural permits require plan review). On page two of our electrical, mechanical & plumbing applications are checklist when scope of work requires plan review. Any business you can conduct electronically (via app, online, email, or fax) will likely save time.
We appreciate your patience while we navigate these safety precautions! We are happy to be here to help you.
Protect the health and well-being of the citizens of Klamath County by ensuring safe, accessible and sustainable buildings and communities. Uniformly interpret and apply Oregon State statutes, rules, and codes regulating building construction safety, energy efficiency, accessibility and durability.
We do this with timely and courteous service.
Advance Plan Review Fees
In accordance with Section 304(c) of the Oregon Structural Specialty Code, as adopted by Klamath County a plan review fee must be submitted with the plans at the time of submitting them for review.
Building Code Enforcement
Klamath County may not assess a civil penalty for a violation under a building inspection program unless the County provides an administrative process other than a judicial proceeding in a court of law.
Please contact the appropriate Planning department in your area for their requirements before submitting your plans.
Find information about Klamath County and General Design Criteria.
This site allows licensed contractors to apply for non-structural permits with just a few clicks of a mouse. IMPORTANT!! Please do not submit structural or onsite/septic applications on-line.
Farm & Agriculture
Find forms related to Farm and Agriculture.
Each permit has a required number of inspections to be performed.
Find useful linked provided by the Building Division, including flood plain information.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
A licensed LPG installer is required for installation of propane tanks; information regarding these requirements and a list of regional installers can be found here.
Manufactured dwellings have design and construction requirements that differ from traditional structures. Find more information here.
Oregon Building Codes Online
Visit the Oregon Building Codes website.
Find Permit Forms for Klamath County.
Ready Build Plans
The Ready-build Plans Program is designed to streamline the permitting process for customers.
Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Rule
Learn more about the RRP Rule, which addresses lead paint hazards; the rule became effective on April 22, 2010. Visit the Oregon Health Authority site to learn more.
Find report information for the Building Division.
Learn about the requirements for the Residential Plans.
These forms have been created with Adobe Acrobat. Click the link to download Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge.
- Addressing Guidelines-Public Works (PDF)
- Agriculture or Equine Exemption Request (PDF)
- Alternate Method Ruling Application (PDF)
- Appeal Form for Civil Penalty (PDF)
- Approval Flow Chart (PDF)
- Asbestos Information Packet (PDF)
- Building Valuation Table (PDF)
- Common LPG Inspection Elements (PDF)
- Construction Responsibilities (PDF)
- Courtesy Inspection Request (PDF)
- Deferred Submittal Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Extension Request (PDF)
- High-efficiency Lighting Form (PDF)
- Home Resources Flyer (PDF)
- Is My Propane Cylinder Safe Brochure (PDF)
- IVR Call Flow and Inspection Codes Brochure (PDF)
- Liquid Petroleum Gas Consumer Safety Brochure (PDF)
- Local List of Oregon LPG Installation Companies
- Manufactured Dwelling Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Moisture Content Form (PDF)
- One and Two Family Dwelling Checklist (PDF)
- Oregon Residential Energy Code Requirements (PDF)
- Phased Permitting Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Records Request Form (PDF)
- Request to Energize an Electrical Installation (PDF)
- Residential Permit Process Flyer (PDF)
- Sign Permit Supplement (PDF)
- Snow Load Design Criteria Request (PDF)
- Solar Code Supplement (PDF)
- Solid Fuel Burning Application Installation - Supplemental Information (PDF)
- Special Inspection and Testing Agreement (PDF)
- Structural (Building) Permit Application (PDF)